The new Arai Pro Shade system is the all weather solution for clear MAX vision Arai visors. The Pro Shade fits over the visor and features an easy to fix system allowing the wearer to have both the clear visor and sun protection on hand. The sun visor flips up and down with a flick of the hand and is fixed in position. A much asked question is however, why Arai did not use a build in sun visor. There are three good reasons not to use a build in sun visor:
- No reduction in thickness of the EPS inner shell is needed. When the visor is build in, the space for it is created by making the EPS liner thinner
- No weakening of the outer shell. The air space needed for a build in visor and the lack of bonding between the outer shell and the inner EPS liner will weaken the outer shell
- No operating mechanism needed. The operating system will also need space that is not available for the EPS liner any more. Furthermore it often contains metal parts within the EPS liner that could be dangerous in case of impacts.
Pro Shade System – locked peak, how does the PSS functions when riding?
With the visor in the up position it functions as a peak. The locking mechanism will keep the peak in position. Glare from high sun is filtered out.
- Genuine Arai parts
- Aerodynamic with de-mist visor lock
- Supplied with Clear Max Vision Pinlock Insertt
- Removable peak for easy cleaning
- Fits all Arai helmets that use the I-Type visors
- No contact with fitted visor