Pinlock Fitting Guide
Your Pinlock® insert is made from a moisture absorbing plastic. The silicon seal on the Pinlock® insert creates an insulating air pocket between the Pinlock® lens and the helmet visor. The pins, between which the Pinlock® insert is to be fitted, are eccentric, which means that the axis of the pin is not precisely in the centre. This enables you to increase or decrease the tension on the Pinlock® insert by turning the pins, allowing the silicone seal to have a perfect fit.
Please note! The Pinlock® insert is less resistant to scratching than the helmet visor!
1) Remove the helmet visor from the helmet as shown in the helmet manufacturers’ instructions. (Fig. A)
2) Flex the helmet visor and place the Pinlock® lens between the two pins provided in the helmet visor. (Fig. B) Allow the helmet shield to reacquire its curved shape.
The silicon seal on the Pinlock® insert must make full contact with the helmet visor in order to avoid any condensation forming between the helmet visor and the Pinlock® insert. (Fig. C)
If the silicon seal does not make full contact with the helmet shield, please continue at paragraph “Adjusting lens tension”.
3) Remove the protective film from the Pinlock® insert. (Yellowish in colour)
4) Fit the helmet visor back on the helmet.
5) Remove the helmet visor from the helmet as shown in the helmet manufacturers’ instructions. (Fig. A)
6) Flex the helmet visor carefully until there is no more tension on the Pinlock® insert. Carefully remove the Pinlock® insert from its position. (Fig. E)
7) Remove the Pinlock® insert as shown in the paragraph “REMOVING”.
Only clean the Pinlock® insert and the helmet visor using mild liquid soap, lukewarm water and a soft moist cloth. Allow the Pinlock® insert and the helmet visor to dry naturally before reassembling them. Please do not use abrasive cleaning products or liquids containing ammonia or alcohol.
4. ADJUSTING INSERT TENSION
8. Remove the Pinlock® insert as shown in the paragraph “REMOVING”.
9. Adjust the pins by turning them from the outside using a small cross-head screwdriver. (Fig. D)
10.Repeat step 2 (INSTALLATION).