Loading Please Wait
DIY Pinlock Kits
KBC - DIY Pinlock KitsChoose from Clear, Yellow Tint, Light Tint and Dark Tint
KBC Pinlock product details
Pinlock® Fog Resistant Visor inserts ensure you have a clear view whatever the weather conditions. Pinlock® is created out of a moist absorbing plastic and the silicone seal on the Pinlock® creates an air tight double visor. It is easy to fit - placed between two adjustable pins - and the system is interchangeable making it easy to switch visor inserts when the weather changes.
Pinlock® can be used all year round during hot and humid conditions and wet, cold periods and makes riding with a completely closed visor entirely possible without any visor misting.
NEW Pinlock® ProTec Tint the new UV light reacting insert, goes from crystal clear to tint in seconds in sunlight.
Different Colour Insert Guide
Your best friend in any weather type, clear vision, no compromise.
Lightly tinted for sunny radiant days.
For bright sunny days, and just remove to stay legal when returning home after dark.
Gives you that high contrast in misty and rainy weather.
Offers high contrast and enhanced low light image resolution.
A dark tint fade to clear insert, ideal for low level sun light conditions.
The new Pinlock ProtecTINT insert is able to change between clear and dark smoke in a matter of seconds, based on light levels.
KBC Pinlock fitting instructionsThe Pinlock® fog free insert lens is created out of a moisture absorbing plastic. The Pinlock® creates an air tight double visor. The pins are eccentric, which means that the shaft of the pin is positioned off-center. This enables the user to increase or decrease the tension on the insert by turning the pins, allowing the silicone seal to have a perfect fit.
Please note! The Pinlock® fog free insert is less resistant to scratching then the original visor!
REMOVING AND FITTING THE INSERT:
1) Remove the original visor from the helmet as shown in the helmet manufacturers’ instructions.
2) Flex the original visor carefully until there is no more tension on the Pinlock® insert. Carefully remove the Pinlock® insert from its position.
3) Flex the original visor and click the Pinlock® insert between the two pins and allow the original visor to return to its curved shape. The entire perimeter of the silicone seal should be in firm contact with the original visor.
IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE:
4) Remove the Pinlock® insert (see step 2).
5) Adjust the pins by pushing them outwards and turning them with your fingers before pushing them back.
6) Repeat step 3.
7) Allow the original visor to return to its curved shape and fit it back on the helmet.
8) Remove the protective film from the Pinlock® insert.
9) Fit the visor back on the helmet.
Only clean the Pinlock® fog free insert and the original visor using liquid green soap, lukewarm water and a soft moist cloth.
Allow the insert and the visor to dry naturally before reassembling them.
DO NOT USE ABRASIVE CLEANING PRODUCTS OR LIQUIDS CONTAINING AMMONIA OR ALCOHOL.
While riding, the possibility exists that the enormous pressure of the wind drives moisture between the insert and the original visor. That is why we strongly recommend that you always close the visor when riding. Nevertheless, if moisture penetrates inside the air tight chamber, the Pinlock® insert should be removed from the original visor. Refit the lens to the visor after both have dried naturally.
Loading Please Wait